1. Are you in favour of Britain renewing its Trident nuclear weapons system?
I am not in favour of renewing Trident
2. Do you think our country is right to be involved militarily in the Ukraine, even in a training and support role?
Yes, I do think we should be involved in Ukraine
3. Do you give full weight to the urgency of minimising global warming? In light of this,do you accept that much of the known fossil fuel reserves should be left underground, especially the most environmentally damaging such as tar sands and Arctic oil?
I do not accept that Fossil Fuels should be left underground, however I do fully support investing heavily in renewable energy sources to reduce the impact of climate change
4. What is your attitude to fracking?
I am opposed to Fracking
5. Many people can’t afford to heat their homes over the winter.We can’t afford to ignore climate change either. How would you tackle fuel poverty in a long-
Working in the Welfare Rights sector, I am only too aware of the impact of fuel poverty. We must do more to incentivise people to use more renewable energy sources, including solar power. We need much more Eco friendly housing to be built and a huge improvement in our housing stock which is still, in the main, very poorly insulated
6. Do you think our economy can or should go on growing indefinitely?
ur economy should benefit the citizens, particularly the less well off in society. An economy that is growing on poor jobs, poor wages and cuts to benefits for the most vulnerable in society is not sustainable or moral
7. Are you opposed to the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership? If so why; if not, why not?
I am opposed to TTIP having any impact on our NHS. Our health service should be exempt from this
8. Do you intend to help shrink the yawning gap between rich and poor and check the extraordinary concentration of wealth in very few hands? If so,how?
Yes. Living in a society where the top 1% share the majority of wealth is not a society in my view that we can say is successful. I do not agree a government should be allowed to cut taxes for a very privileged few whilst forcing others to foodbanks because of welfare cuts
9. Do you recognise that low wages and benefits, plus harsh and arbitrary stoppage of benefits, is causing serious and unjust hardship? Do you want to restore the safety net which ought to protect British people from serious want?
Absolutely. Again, I work with poor and low income families everyday, the cuts to welfare have caused untold pain and misery to so many families. I firmly believe we all benefit from the safety net that is the welfare state. Sanctions and punishment are not a progressive way of solving worklessness.